Blog Response to Sep. 14

One of the misconceptions I had about mutations before actually learning in depth about them was that they weren't a good thing. It has been interesting to learn that mutations can lead to diseases, but in most cases are also vital for a species to survive and reproduce.

Some concepts, such as phylogenetic trees can still trip me up. When they're already made, I can read them and understand them fairly easily. However, when given only written and out-of-order information, they can still confuse me. 

Both of these concepts have come gradually to me. There is a lot to learn about mutations, which makes that topic interesting to learn about. With phylogenetic trees, practice using them and creating my own is something I still have to actively practice.  

Comments

  1. Hey Jessica, I agree mutations are amazing! Phylogenetic trees are super fun but confusing, I totally understand! We are learning tho go us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I am on the same page as you phylogenetic trees mix me up from time to time too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Response to Aug. 31

Blog Response to Aug. 17

Blog Response to Oct. 15